Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sweet Memories.

Rhett cleaned his room out the other day.
All of his toys are out.
He "donated" them to the preschoolers.
Let me tell you, that was tough on him.
Not necessarily donating them,
but just parting ways.
He hadn't played with them in years,
but they still hold special memories.
 
 
The preschoolers were thrilled, though!







Gavin's momma is out of town for school,
so he was here bright and early this morning.
He wanted to play with some toys,
so I got out some of the toys donated by Rhett.
 
These pictures bring tears to my eyes because it
reminds me so much of Rhett playing with them!
Rhett would be so careful and put each animal,
tractor or car in the perfect spot.
That is exactly what Gavin was doing.
Gah.
In his pajamas and those chunky legs.
I could've watched him all day.
Sweet boy. 



This truck is probably the most important.
It was Rhett's very first toy truck.
When I worked at the bank,
a very special and sweet man that owned
his own wrecker service,
Walt Record,
 brought Rhett this wrecker truck.
Rhett wasn't even crawling yet.
He took the truck in his hand, set it on the ground,
and began to make "engine" sounds!
I couldn't believe it!
I told Walt that story the next time I saw him,
and he said, "I'm glad he enjoyed it".
I will never forget that!
Mr Record has passed away since then,
so this truck holds a very sweet memory.
 
Hold on to the sweet memories of your kids.
The small insignificant things are the things
you will miss the most when they are older.
 
With Love, Mrs. Melea

No comments:

Post a Comment